Friday, August 22, 2008

On my mind again

Our kids were sick for most of the winter and spring and we had a hard time getting back into the routine of getting back to Church. Which makes me sad because since when is having fellowship with our church family hard to schedule in?? I love my church but more I love God and those he has used in our lives along the way which has become like family to us. God tells us how important it is to be gathered in fellowship with two or more no matter the building but we are to be worshiping him with fellow believers.
I struggled at first in my walk with Christ because I did not feel like I fit in I felt like I had to have the right clothes or the right attitude or even had to clean up my act before I went to church! I then found Rockpointe which I knew I was right at home when I walked in and saw everyone mostly in jeans and the occasional youth with spiky hair, and mismatch clothes and chains and then I walked into the sanctuary and saw the pastor who everyone just called by his FIRST NAME (what!!) and he too was wearing jeans and a very casual shirt! I was greeted by so many people but not in a we are going to bombard you with questions and then tell you that you can not come here because of things that you are doing.
Since then I have made wonderful friends with men and women some are the closest relationships I have had in my life and I don't mean with just one or two I mean I am very close with twenty to thirty! You may think that is an exaggeration but it is not I have shared many ups and downs in our life. These are people that when I was struggling with some past demons they did not hesitate to wrap their arms around me and pray. Or in the night when I was having a miscarriage praying with me. Or when Nathan came out with his addiction the first time with pain meds they helped him break the news to me and prayed with us and called us every night and offered free counseling. Or when I found out I was pregnant missing church and rushing over to our house that was a half hour away and lifting my spirits.
All that to say why then was I feeling like I would not fit in again after being gone from church for so long? Every Sunday when we make it,right away we are greeted with those all familiar smiles and pulled aside to see how we were (not in a how come you have not been here way).
I love my church and our church family but most of all I know that when I am obedient God smiles on us too. He loves to his children in fellowship. I know that on the days that I do not make it God is not disappointed in me but just wants me to be surrounded by his children. So if you think about it pray that this weekend we can make it. No sick kids so far and no sick adults either (no need to knock on wood I know that is not how God works but I am anyways lol). So if you are there look for us if not we will be looking for you.

No comments: