Sunday, August 3, 2008

Family Fun

We all love this part of summer the last week of July and beginning of August. For the last 10 years Nathan's sister Becky and BIL Tim from North Carolina and their two daughters Emily (15) and Sarah (14) come up to visit. The past 9 years we have gone to Traverse City and have had an amazing time. This year we are going to Splash Village in Frankenmuth. We leave tomorrow and although this is going to be a very fast trip the Cathers and Davidson side always know how to have fun.



My first time going on a trip with everyone was when I was just 17 and I thought great no drinking how will this be fun. I really have never had so much fun sober. I learned that year that you can have fun without drinking. We have fun us girls talking about everything from what God is doing in our lives to our children and husbands and clothing. Sometimes I do feel a little inadequate around them because of the age difference they are 17 years older than us but I am learning to get over this. Tonight was so much fun just catching up and it was nice to have adult converstaions with out being interrupted since my nieces had fun keeping the younger kids company!! So this next week will be very busy full of lots of family time with the Cathers/Davidson. So come Wednesday I will have lots of funny stories and hopefully lots of pictures to show off.

No comments: