Thursday, August 28, 2008

A cry out to all the Mom's out there

I have three kids and have been a mom for 6 1/2 years and I come across my fair share of advice both wanted and UNwanted. I have gotten those looks because of my discipline choices or my kids bed times. I have gotten the reasons why my kids should not watch certain shows or movies and I have been told that I need to stop nursing my child because he is old enough. I know that I am not alone here I know this because I have friends who are always telling me that they too get the same unwanted advice.
Well I am saying ENOUGH is ENOUGH! We are all moms here which in itself can be very difficult at times so the last we need is to feel judged about how we are doing it. We need to be lifting each other up not breaking each other down.
The next time you see a child throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of the store because they can't have something and you look at your 1 child who is not yet 1 years old remember yours too will at one point no matter how "perfect" they are will do the same so instead of a disapproving glance or saying my child will never do that give a glance of support and say a prayer for that mother.
The next time you see a Mom with her three kids running around her not listening do not think I would never let my child get a way with that instead pray that that mom can get the strength to get through and lean on God for the crazy times of being a mom.
The next time your friend who is a working mom confides in you with how stressed out she is instead of thinking well you should not be working anyways remember that some people HAVE to work or GOD has called them to do his work so pray that God show them the blessings around them and to give the burden to him.
Lets encourage and pray for each other instead of gossiping and thinking you could do things better. Lets lend a hand or an ear to help each other out. Lets give a supporting glance instead of a judgmental one.
AND remember if you say "My child will never do that" IT is a GUARANTEE that your child WILL DO THAT!!

1 comment:

Elle Bee said...

Wow...
I've been feeling a little bit of this recently to. Why do we always go through the same things?
I hope you are enjoying your new job!