Friday, August 1, 2008

MY Re-Wedding

I got this idea from Lisabeth who had a very similar wedding experience to us (I think we even spent a little more). If you do not know us we were five months pregnant and 19 years old when we married. We planned our wedding in 2 months and had it catered by Meijers. We married in our church (which I would never change) had the reception there as well. We did not have music or drinking (Which I would keep the same anyways) and had to set up and take down before leaving. I will say that I loved my wedding day and even though it cost all of 2,000.00 for everything including my dress and anything else you can think of there is still a sense of what could have been? I sometimes wonder if I had an endless budget would I go back and do things differently? I usually answer (I always answer my own questions) NO WAY that would bring more drama than there already was lol!! Well here it is after reading Lisabeth's blog about her re-wedding it got me thinking what would I do just for fun here it is................

I would for sure still want to marry Nathan at Rockpointe by Pastor Randy in the sanctuary (It was beautiful) and it still would be on Feb. 16th (only because I really can have a whole month that is mine birthday, valentines day, and anniversary love it). I had my Papa and Mom walk me down the aisle but this time it would for sure be my father. Our guest list would be a lot bigger to include the people that we have met along our journey that share our faith and love for Christ.

My sister Nikkie was my Maid of Honor but since the budget is out the window I would have Lisabeth share that with her. I would also have more bridesmaids: Linds,Sam,Shannon,Jenny and Colleen would join Kimmie and Jessica. I know for a fact that Nathan would want my Brother Joey (who could not attend our wedding the first time) and he would force Chuckie to get in a tux for the big day!
The girls dresses would be red not a bright red but a dark rich red!!



My dress would be one that (assuming I was not pregnant this time and had my pre-pregnancy figure back) was classy but unique and a touch of red!!


My flowers would be red Lillie's!!



My cake would be white and red with lots of unique designs that would match my dress!





My reception would be at the Royal Park Hotel in the Grand Ballroom with all white and red draped everywhere and we would dance all night long! We did not have music the first time so there was not first dance or father daughter dance. I would dance with my Dad and with my Papa for sure.



Nathan and I would have our first dance to Aqua Lungs Brighter than Sunshine (our song) and we would have an amazing photographer take candid shots of us all night long.

And last but not least we would head off for our honeymoons to Scotland, Italy and Ireland the three places that we will one day go.


I had fun doing this thinking about what I would do if I could but I feel blessed that we had the wedding that we did and really all I cared about was that I was marrying the man that I truly love and that no matter what was to come our way we would go through it together!!

1 comment:

Elle Bee said...

I just saw that you have a new blog. :) I think you and I should reenact that episode of Friends where the girls all wear wedding dresses and hang out in the apartment and pretend they are having weddings. :)