Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day in the life of us

So last night we went to bed early so we could go to church today. I read in the bulletin that today was GLOW day at church (they had black lights everywhere so the kids needed to wear white) so Jordan and I made sure that she had all white on so she would GLOW lots!! We got out the door at 10am (our family summit at church starts at 1030). We were so excited to be out of the house on time actually early and were finally going to make family summit. Well that's where it ends half way there Nathan realizes that he does not have his cell phone, which would not be a problem since we turn it off in church anyway,but where his phone is his wallet is. So we turn around to go back realizing on the way that neither of us have our house keys on us. We get home and it is 1030 so okay we missed family summit but we can still shoot for church at 1100 right? WRONG! Nathan has to kick in the back door to get in and then spent 45 minutes re nailing the door frame. So needless to say it was 1115 by the time he was done.
I was really mad at first and I do not know who I was mad at because it was not my fault nor Nathan's but why could we not make it to church. The one time we are early to get there and we still do not get there. Then I just decided I am not going to be so mad at circumstances that can not be changed and let it ruin my day. So we took the kids to McDonald's to play and then met Nathan's parents after to get Sammy's hair cut. Later my brother came over and the kids played in the pool. It turned out to be a good day!!

2 comments:

Kimmy Porter said...

If it makes you feel a little better, there is no family summit for the summer. If you had arrived at the original time, you would have had to sit around for 30 minutes or more. :)

Mariana said...

I know I just found that out so here we have been trying all summer to get there at 1030 haha