Monday, May 26, 2008

I wonder what it was like back then

I had to take my mom to a funeral tonight for my Nana and Papa's good friends from their old neighborhood Mr. Faye (Fabian). I don't like going to funerals who does but before I would think well at least if they are older they have lived a life and have kids, grandkids and greats to pass on their legacy right? Well the older that MY grandparents get the more I do not agree with that. I think what it will be like when my grandparents are gone. It was really hard when I lost my grandpa slicker when I was 13 but I was young and now that I am older how will it be? My Nana and Papa have truly been our all of our family's strength. Think abour this my Papa lost his mom when was very young and his father could not take it so he left. Leaving my Papa and his sister to be raised by their uncles, and grandmother. My Nana lost her mother at the age of twelve (TWELEVE) she died in her arms and then her father died when she was 15 years old. She was then raised by her sister Angie and her husband Tony. Can you imagine all of sudden your sister and brother-in-law are your gaurdian for you and your younger sister and brother? Yesterday was 64 years that my great Nana has been gone that is a long time to not have your mom in your life. In a couple of days it will be 10 years that my ZIZI (my Nana's sister Angie) has been gone. My Nana is not doing well at all she has been really sick and seems so sad (which I can understand) but it is hard to see her this way. At this funeral my mom was talking to her friends that she grew up with and played with on her old street and it was so neat. I have my own memories of that street and to hear one man say his memory of my Nana and Zizi is the Sunday Pasta no matter what and the left overs on Wednesdays those are my same memories. And by the way she still does that every week for whoever wants to go to her house in our family she loves it! I am just praying that she get better and that I continue to have more wonderful memories of my 4 foot 9 inch Italian spitfire Nana because I am not ready for what is the inevitable. Don't be mad if you are in my family that I blogged about this because lets remember whose blog it is;)

No comments: