Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I thought I would have more time before having to answer these questions

Today after picking Jordan up I was feeding Sammy and we were all talking about the different things that God makes. Mariana starts to ask all the dreaded ?s. This is how our converstation went:
Mariana: Mommy how did Sammy get in your belly?
Me: Sammy is not in my belly (trying to dodge the actual ?)
Mariana: I mean when he was in your belly
Jordan: May God made Sammy and then put him in Mommy's belly when he was big right Mommy?
Me: (I didn't want to lie) Well no, God made Sammy while he was in my belly
Mariana: How did God get in your belly to make Sammy then?
Me: (laughing nervously) Well see God takes something from Mommy and then something from Daddy and makes the baby in my belly
Mariana: ok, but how does he get in your belly?
Me: Well because he is God he can do anything and he doesn't really go into my belly he just is able to form the baby in my belly.
Mariana: Oh..........ok!
I sighed a huge sigh of relief! I am so not ready for these ?s. I think I can handle the ?s a little more when the girls are older but how do I answer them at the age they are now! I have read that you are only to listen to what the exact ? is and answer only that but HOW!!! Please HELP ME if you have been through this stage already

No comments: