Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I am Just now realizing I am becoming my mother

With every year of my kids lives there are new things to experience as a parent or new things I am realizing about me as a parent! I did have a really great mom even all the things that we went through growing up I have some really great memories. There were so many times I said to my mom " I will never say or treat my kids that way"! Oh are those words haunting me now lol! Here are some things I thought I would never say to my kids that I use oh about 2-3 times a day.........
-Because I said so or because I am the mom
-Do not look at me that way or wipe that look off your face
-Did you just roll your eyes at me (and they are just 4 and soon to be 6)
-If your bored than you can go clean your room
-I don't care if (enter friends name here) mom lets her you are not doing it
-Do you think I was born yesterday ( which at their age usually gets a laugh out of them)
-Do not make me call Daddy ( which if you know Nathan and his parenting they are probably thinking go ahead he will let me lol)
-Shape up
-No you can not have candy at 7am
And there are many more!!! It is so funny because when any of these things come out of my mouth I see my mom's face. My mom would always say oh you too will say these things to your kids and I never believed her

No comments: