Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Small Glimpses

Well as always lots has happened and I am not wanting to go into all the details of the mess that followed quiting my job and the emotional mess that I became but know that things are getting better. I took all the kids to school today (because I already gave a two week notice to daycare so why not give myself a break before the summer right??) and came home and started reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I then had to go pick up my Little sister and ended up praying in the car before getting her and just in tears while praying. I came home and spent over an hour reading the bible and praying. I want to get back to having an amazing relationship with God again. I miss who I used to be and I a excited to get glimpses of me. I plan on taking the two days this week and the two next week just in God's presence no TV just reading the bible, praying and journaling (blogging too). I know that this will help me to get myself on track. I am excited for things that are coming our way. We started our small group on Sunday and I am really excited for this and the relationships that will come of it.

On Sunday Pastor Randy was talking about how we forget that our identity is in Christ not in our roles as a wife,mother,coworker and though I know that a lot of people can relate to this but I felt like Randy was talking to me directly. This is something that I struggled with at work especially with everything that has recently happened. I think that God the last couple of days has reminded me of this that not only is my identity in him, but my reputation will be protected and the truth always comes out. I also know that even though I know that things will come out it will be in his timing and may not look like I think it will. I am just so excited for this change that is going on.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I have no idea what is going on but I want to tell you that when I see your smile I see why Jesus wanted to die for you. You are amazing. If there is ever anything I can do please let me know. (I like to babysit without getting paid for amazing children with a beautiful mother just for the record.) It will be sad to not see the lovely faces of your kids. It would be a joy to me to have the pleasure of babysitting.