Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Music

Well music has played a huge role in my life I literally would lock myself in my room for hours and just listen to music. I would record songs write all the lyrics down memorize them and pick them apart until I understood the meaning of them. I would always listen to songs that would relate to what I was going through like when I was depressed I would listen to songs that I would just cry and cry but when I was happy I would listen to upbeat music and sing at the top of my lungs and dance around. Whenever I needed a break of any kind music was there for me. When I first started looking for a church music was huge I visited some churches that were too much and some that literally there was no sound to drown out my horrible attempt at singing. When I walked into Rockpointe almost 8 years ago there were many things that just made me feel at peace (the holy spirit, the community, the feeling of come as you are) but the music drew me in. At first people raising their hands to sing freaked me out but I liked that there were some people that did not do that and some people who clapped and some who did not. I will never forget the first song I ever sang there it was:
EVERY MOVE I MAKE
Every move I make, I make in You You make me move, Jesus.Every breath I take, I breathe in You.Every step I take, I take in You You are my way, Jesus.Every breath I take, I breathe in You.
Waves of mercy, waves of grace Everywhere I look, I see Your face Your love has captured me.
O my God, this love, how can it be?

Every time I hear it it reminds me of that first day that I really felt Jesus welcoming me into his family. I was saved years before that but this was the first time that I had hope that I would know Jesus the way I read. I started buying Christian Cds and only listening to that music because it brought me up never did it bring me down and when I was sad I would listen to it and immediately I would feel Gods presence. I am now one of those that raises their hands in church and claps their hands but not to make a statement but because I can relate to the words that I am singing and I love to worship God.
All this to say that a while ago Nathan got an MP3 player and I have tried over and over to get some christian songs on there are have not found a good site to get them from. Today I did!!! I am so excited I am going to go for a walk right now and listen to all my songs that I just downloaded on Walmart's Mp3 site with a gift card I got a while ago!!!

No comments: