Monday, May 11, 2009

My Weekend

This weekend was great. As with my birthday I always stretch it for at least 2 weeks (I try a month but it doesn't always work) this year I had a Mother's Day Weekend! On Saturday I did the MS walk (3.2 Miles) with my cousins and it was a blast. I raised $200.00 which was pretty good but my cousin Kim raised $860 on her own!!! The coolest part was there was supposed to be 6 of us raising our goal of $1000 but two of us did it and beat our goal $1060!! I have to say that I am now looking forward to the 5k run for Breast Cancer. I have been walking 2.5-3 miles with Nathan and am going to start running it with in the next week to get ready. This will be my third time doing this race. The last time was I think two years before Jordan was born so it has been a while. I love running and am excited to be back outside and have my thoughts to sort through. Anyways when I got home Nathan let me take a nap ( I was up at 5am to get to Frankenmuth by 8am) and then he made an amazing dinner. Chicken Kabobs and seriously they were the best yet. Then he helped get the kids to bed and we had a really relaxing evening together.
Sunday was great I got to sleep in and everyone made me some pancakes and brought them to my room (Sammy ended up digging in and destroying them with his hands but that is okay). It was very sweet and the girls talked about it all day. We then went to my Nana and Papa's house for a BIG BBQ that my Cousin Kim always puts on for the Moms. She did great she made sure that everything that we ate was gluten free so that my Nana did not feel left out and then she gave us all Canvas shopping bags with seeds (oregano for me), a reusable water bottle, and a Going Green for Dummies book. It was so much fun. We got home and Nathan cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom for me!! It was so great and I do have to say that I am very lucky that I have a husband who humors me when I stretch out my special holidays and goes along with it. Because he knows that I would laugh if he tried to stretch his out lol!!!

No comments: