Thursday, April 30, 2009

Being able to to handle the unexpected

Well today is my first day home with the kids! I am trying to keep us busy so that I do not dwell on the other things that are going on in my life but God always comes through and brings a little smile to me. We decided to go outside before it started raining so I put the two little ones in the wagon and went for a walk around the block. Well we went half way and started raining so I turned around went home walked up to the front door and even tough I left our front door unlocked I did not unlock the screen door (which has no key)! So here we are in the rain can't go anywhere but sit in the car because my car keys are in the house with my house keys! But if you know me then you know that I love the rain so it was nice to sit in the car and just watch the rain come down. I could have gotten upset cried (some more than I have already been) but instead we waited til it stopped raining. Here is the funny part............I thought hmmmm maybe for some odd reason the kitchen window is unlocked and I can climb through. So I left the kids in the car and ran around the back and low and behold it was unlocked. So I grabbed a patio chair and climb head first through the kitchen window. I am positive that my neighbors behind me were wondering what I was doing. So we are back in the house the kids are waiting lunch and soon it will be Sam's nap time. So I guess all the funny things that I used to post about our funny family drama will return now that I am home again. Have a great day all!!!

1 comment:

Kimmy Porter said...

Sometimes we need silly things like that to happen to us so we have a chance to not take life so seriously. (I have climbed through my share of windows BTW!)I am sorry you have been struggling so much but I do know God is there holding your hand. I'll be praying for you.