Thursday, December 8, 2011

A much needed wake up call

Today a friend that I once was very close to and because we all start having kids and lives become so busy pulled me aside and asked if i was upset with her??? She said that I always seem mad with her! I hope if she reads this she does not get offended that I am posting this but I am thankful she asked this. I feel like sometimes my face portrays one that puts people off. I am sometimes concentrating so hard that I don't realize that my face can come across as angry or lost. She is really a sweet friend that I have always admired and to think that for who knows how long my craziness has made her feel this way makes me a little sad. Being a mom to a big family and working makes it hard to have friends (and hard for my friends to have me as a friend). I have learned over the last year that having really good friends in my life is the most important thing and that no matter what I should never be too busy to stop and say hi with a smile to a friend.
Tonight in my group at church a friend said that as women we need to extend grace to each other. Why do we beat our girlfriends up? Why do we expect so much out of them? Why do we expect them to solve our problems? I really feel like for the first time in my life God is allowing me to have godly women in my life and showing me how to be a friend. So if you are reading this thank you for the little wake up call. I know you meant it differently but I really needed that tonight :)

No comments: