Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Isabell


This day two years ago I was being prepped to have a C-section with our 4th baby! I was so nervous..unsure how I could be a good mom to four kids since I was already overwhelmed with three.
I knew that she would be early because the two before her were, so it was not a surprise when I woke up early in the morning to severe cramping. Leaving the kids with my in laws off we went to the hospital. She was going to be 5 weeks early and since i was a pro with preemies what should I be afraid of right? Wrong I was worried she wouldn't be able to breath and was worried I would have to leave yet another baby in the NICU and go home without them in my arms. When Isabell was born she was very healthy we almost thought she would be able to stay in our room with us. She was born at 5"11 oz our 2nd biggest baby! When they were looking her over they realized she would have to be on oxygen and kept in the NICU. my recovery was my worst yet (just a confirmation that we made the right decision to tie my tubes;) ) I shook for hours, got sick and itched all over for 24 hours. When I finally got to see my baby I was yet again in awe of GOD! How he can create such amazing human beings in another human being is just beyond my understanding. She had the tiniest features of all of our kids and made the cutest little noises. Four days later I was released and delivered the news that she would have to stay..But Beaumont started a new program for preemies and their families. I was able to stay for free in a room across from the NICU so that I could nurse her on demand and bond with her. I was so thankful that family helped Nathan take care of the other three kids so I could bond with my baby and I am convinced that because of that bonding she was able to get home faster. She was released from the hospital at 7 days old! We were so blessed with our Christmas present and she has continued to bless our family. She is walking and talking and talking and talking and talking lol She is a diva for sure the baby of four and spoiled! I think we will keep her :) Happy 2nd Birthday Miss Isabell Dorothea Cathers!

Playing with Grandmas necklaces

No comments: