Wednesday, September 3, 2008

.....................

I am unsure what to title this and sometime I don't think a title even matters since it is my thoughts anyways right?? My best friend who has a blog as well has been blogging about some things that God has put on her heart lately and all of them seem to be what I have been walking through the last couple of months. We do not have a lot of money at all which would not surprise some of you but some of you would not believe how much we really struggle. I am telling all of you this not to get pity or even handouts because our God is providing for us and always has. There are weeks when we are praying driving on empty hoping that we can make it to our jobs to only put more money in our gas tanks. There are some reasons that we are at fault for our situations but most of the time it is just hard to pay things. Some times we go all week with out any new groceries if you looked in our fridge and freezer you would wonder what we eat. I am telling you this because we are always full and always happy. I am not saying that there are days where I feel like things are never going to get better and why can't we catch a break like others do? But I am always reminded that God provides. We lost our home,our car,EVERYTHING and he provided a way for us. I am convinced that he is working in us and changing our hearts every day. But this is not what the point of my blog is the point is that I have had giving on my heart for a while. We do not give what we should God calls us to give with a joyful heart and to sacrificially give to others and him. So when I worry when I give or when I do not give at all then I am not doing what he has called us to do. I want so bad to do some volunteering somewhere with abused women and children or help the homeless. I am itching to do it and at the same time my life is very crazy with very important things: the kids, being a wife and keeping up my responsibilities in the home and my new job. When do I have time to volunteer? Today while I was pumping the last ten dollars to my name in my already empty gas tank (to only be on empty again once I got home) a women came up to me and asked for some money to get on the bus. I had to tell her that I used my last ten dollars for my gas tank and I thought man how many times has she heard this thinking that because I have a vehicle and three kids that I probably am well off (in her eyes anyways) and here I was telling the truth but it made me feel sick. I got in the car and Mariana asked me who that lady was? I started to cry and said that she was a women who did not have a home and she was asking for money but that mommy did not have any to give her so I said how about we pray for her instead? The girls were both excited to do that and so we prayed that this women would find money for her bus ride and that if she did not know God already that somehow (in only the ways that God could) he would show himself and that she would see that he loved her. We prayed that she would be safe and that she would feel Gods arms around her protecting her and giving her food and a place to sleep. I cried all the way to my sister's house in New Baltimore. I have so much (in your eyes maybe you think I think you have more and maybe I do) I am not talking about anything physical because in our house we know that the riches of this life go no where. We are the wealthiest people because in Heaven is where our riches are. I would not give up anything that we have gone through or anything that we are about to go through in this life because I know that it is all part of his plan for us.

3 comments:

Elle Bee said...

I would have cried too, Mariana.

Money is not the only commodity which has value. Your time and your prayers count for a lot.

And you have a great gift of counsel. Even if you can't get out to help right now, and even if you don't have any money to give, you are always awesome at dispensing advice. God has given you such a beautiful heart.

I swear, yours is the biggest mansion in heaven.

Becca said...

I really believe that the best way to teach your kids is by example...looks like you're a great teacher :)
If you ever want to give to women/children in tough situations, Compassion Pregnancy is always a great place...I think they still require going through the training, BUT you can always drop off any kind of donations...formula and diapers...even a pack of wipes. I've been meaning to do that for ages!!!

Kimmy Porter said...

I just want to say that I have been in similar shoes and understand right where you are. I have to remind myself sometimes daily that we are so blessed beyond belief. Its a struggle as I pass the huge houses only a few streets over and when I have to tell my kids we can't afford something, but there ARE big lessons to learn in times like these and your example to your children has spoken volumes.