Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Missing a friend

Our little family is missing a friend. Nathan especially is missing his best friend, Chucky! Today is two years for the death of his friend Chucky and it has been rough. Two years ago we were getting ready to move out of Nathan's parents house and I was actually at our new home waiting for my friend to come and help and Nathan was at his parents waiting for some of his friends. My cousin Linds called me to say that she heard that Nathan's friend Chucky was in a car accident and died! I denied it cause he was on his way to Nathan's parents house to help us move. But something in my gut told me to call Nathan so I did and asked him if he had heard from Chucky and told him what I had heard. The following days were such a blur. The feelings and emotions that we all went through will be ones that we never will forget. Chucky may have made some mistakes (who doesn't??) but he was a great friend and a great dad! We were just at Nathan's parents house on Sunday taking apart Jordan's old crib for a friend and we could not help but remember when we went and picked it up and guess who helped? Chucky. Every so often we talk about all the times we spent weekend long visits at Chuck and Tasha's house. All the times he helped us move and we him. The much talked about camping trip that we had to make poles for our tent because I forgot them. I can hear him saying things sometimes like when Nathan says something ishurting or complaining about something he would always say (sorry all) "Ahh don't be a pussy Nate"! Or every time I have to wake Nathan up for work I can just hear and see Chucky jumping on him and telling him to get his ass up! He was such a great guy and though he acted tough and had to for appearance lol he was a softy! He was so proud of his first little boy Charles "Charlie" Jr and though he did not get to meet his second little on Caden he would have been proud because real men have boys lol!!! He would love that we finally had one and I know that he would have loved to throw Sammy around and wrestle with him. He is much missed by so many people. So if you think about it pray for Nathan who really has never been the same since Chucky died but also for Chuck's family: Killer (or Jason his brother), Gwen and Jeri (His sisters), his nieces and nephew, and OF COURSE his two handsome boys Charles "Charlie" 3 and Caden who will be 2 years old soon! Thanks all and we love and miss you Chuck so much!

No comments: