Friday, March 28, 2008

What does it say about me when I HATE those that are RACIST

Today I was taking my little sister to work and on the way we stopped at Starbucks for some coffee and on my way out of the parking lot a car went by with some guys sticking their heads out the window. I rolled my window down to try and hear what and who they were yelling at. What I heard was disgusting to me that even after 4 hours I am still very upset. In a accent that I am sure you can guess they were screaming "Can I have some chicken fried rice?" at an Asian man who was jogging. I glanced at this man and he had his head down. I really hate those that are so oblivious to others feelings. This is something that a friend of mine talk a lot about hate crimes and racisim. All kinds I can not stand towards the Gay community, Indians, Asians, African Americans, those who have disabilities. It seriously hurts me so bad like in my heart! I know that I am being all serious but this is something that in our country is out of control. At one point or another we were all a minority. I hear stories about what it was like for my family who were Italian here in Detroit they were called dirty and other horrible things.
I struggle so much with this because I really have anger towards people who are racist and I know that that is just as wrong. I need to have love towards everyone but I just can not understand why people think it is okay to make fun of those that are not white. God made us all different how sad a world this would be if we were all the same. I am glad that I live in a world with diversity (though here in the suburbs it is not so diversified) I just wish that there was not so much hatred here. I feel like I am to do something but what and where and how? This is something that everyday is on my heart. I do not want my children to be in a world where there is so much hate. And maybe that is what I can do to make a difference make sure that my children are not one of those boys hanging out a car window making racist comments to a man jogging down the street!

No comments: