Saturday, March 15, 2008

Letting go a little at a time

So since Sammy has been so sick since he was 4 months old he has been sleeping with us! I know it is a bad habit to start I have two other kids that did the same and it was not easy to break. So tonight I started the process of letting go. I put Sammy in his crib sang a song rubbed his back and left the room. He cried and not just a I am upset cry it was a ANGRY cry and I sat outside his door praying that he would never remember this night. After 15 minutes I went in and and without saying a word I rubbed his back and put music on and a night light after 15 minutes of this and him still crying and kicking his legs and throwing his arms around I picked him up. Immediatly he started hitting my chest to eat which is what he does to fall alseep. Well to be honest it is what he does still all day long every 3-4 hours still he is nursing. So I am proud that I started and I did not give in until my timer went off. So around 8pm tomorrow night if you remember pray for me because I will again be trying to let go a little more.

No comments: