Friday, August 31, 2007

I feel old....

I know I know those of you that are older are going to get mad at me but I do. My daughter, my oldest daughter is now starting kindergarten in 4 days! I can not believe that she is already 5 years old and going to be in school. It really has gone by fast and before I know it she will be graduating from high school. I have taken the day off and Nathan is going to go into work late so that we can walk her to school (from my moms house) and then walk her to her class and I know that I will be crying and she will be saying "its okay mommy I will see you later". Yesterday we went to Rose Kidd (that is her school and the funny thing is that is where I went and my brother and sisters) to see who her teacher was going to be (something I did every year with Kristen my friend from across the street). I was having flash backs from my elementary years! We found her name under Ms. Veghalas class! She is so excited and I am too (really I am) but it all seems overwhelming for me. Then I got the school lunch schedule and I thought she is too little to eat with the big kids and I started to think of ways that I could convince the teacher that she should eat in the classroom or even better with the teacher in the lounge!!!! I know I am going crazy but my first born is going to school where I can not keep an eye on her. Then I saw on the window above her class list a notice for all kindergarten parents about a parent only meeting next Thursday! Our first little meeting Nathan is going to leave work early so we can go. It is all really exciting! When ever we talk about kindergarten Jordan just gets this huge smile on her face and asks a million questions like What she should bring for lunch, what her lunch pail will look like, what outfit I think she should wear and if she will know any of her new friends??????????
I guess I have to be thankful and enjoy this time of her life when she includes me in her first day of school. Soon it will be off to high school and I know that Nathan will not take the morning off and Jordan will definately not let us walk her to her new class...................................

No comments: