Friday, August 10, 2007

God is so Good

For those of you that do not know (which would be surprising becuase everyone I meet right off the bat knows my life story LOL) but we fell on really hard times a couple of years ago Nathan and I bought a home just months before our second daughter was born 10 weeks early this sent us in a down ward spiril of bad credit decisions. By the time our daughter was 18 months we had foreclosed on our home, lost our cars and Nathan's job. In the mean time we were dealing with addictions and other things but all along God was at work. We really felt like God stripped all of that away so that everything that came after was ultimatly from him and him only. We needed a wake up call, it was rough and their were times that we did not know what we were going to eat we would go to our parents a couple of times a week so that we could have dinner and have the leftovers for our lunches. Even through it all we just kept trusting God that one day he would restore it all for us and we would one day have a home again. After 1 year back at his parents with two kids and new jobs we were offered a trailor from a family at church for free! We were so grateful. I had to get over the fact that I did not want to be in a trailor (I have to admit that I was feeling embarrassed) I never thought I would end up in a trailor (anyone who reads this that lives in one I hope that no one is offended it was just something that God had to bring me out of). I had to come to terms with it is not the home but what you make of it and I had to be grateful that God was providing us with a home that we could afford. The last couple of weeks we have run into some things on our street that has made me fearful! I struggle with fears if you know me you know what I mean and I have had to give these to God and all along I have felt that something was about to change I just didn't know what. Well this week was my first week back to work and a friend of mine (well more than that she is a mentor to me always praying with me and has never once judged Nathan or I) told me that her brother just bought a home at Masonic and Kelley in Roseville 3 beds 1 bath basement hardwood floors fenced in yard 1 car garage and in our price range! I kinda passed on it saying that we might have another place that we were looking in to. Well as of yesterday that fell through and the first thing I thought of was what my friend suggested. I called her immediatly tonight and she told me that her sister-in-law wanted to talk to me. I called her and she is a Christian and wants a good family in their home and is willing to bring the rent down and work in a deposit and no credit check! How great is God! We prayed right before calling her and asked God to work out the small details of our credit and a deposit and without me saying anything she told me there would be no credit check! We are going tomorrow to look at it! Please pray that we use wisdom in our decision and that all our questions will be clearly answered and we seek God through it all!! I am truly grateful for the life that we are now leading becuase without God in our lives I do not know where Nathan and I would be

No comments: