Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Today was the BIG Day!!

Well today was Jordan's big day!! We woke up this morning and I made Breakfast (okay I just poured the cereal but still it requires being awake!) for Jordan and Mariana and then began our morning of getting ready for Kindergarten. We took some pictures here at home and then more at my moms house! Jordan wanted Sammy to come to her new school but Mariana stayed at my moms. So we walked the same walk that I walked 20 years ago!! We lined up in the Gym with all the other Kindergarteners and their parents. Then in walked Jordan's teacher who I must I already love! She introduced herself to Jordan and us and then the tears started! Now you are probably thinking mine but no they were Jordans and I mean not only tears but SOBS! This is not like Jordan though she is shy at first she has never reacted this way. So I had to hold back my tears to show her that this was a good thing. We then made our long walk to her little classroom and found her name at the Green table! It took us 5 minutes to get her calmed down enough to wirte her name on her paper and then make her way to the carpet to listen to the story. Then the minute the teacher said that soon we will say goodbye to your parents she ran over to us and the SOBS started agian! I held it together but in my head all I could think was I am a horrible mother I need to take her back home with me and homeschool her!!! LOL!!! But once it was time for the parents to leave the teacher took Jordan's hand and I pried off her other from mine we left. She was fine but then I lost it!! I cried the whole walk back to my moms house hoping that she would do okay. Then (because the 1st day is only a half-day) 2 1/2 hours later made my way back with my mom, Sammy and Mariana in tow to pick Jordan up. When she came out to greet us she was so happy and had so much to tell us about her day! I made it, she made it and my mom made it LOL!! WHEW I feel like I deserve an award or something!

No comments: