Thursday, February 16, 2012

10 years




So it is 10 years today for us!! I can not believe how fast this decade has gone by...I guess having four kids in 10 years makes things go by pretty fast lol. This has been one heck of a ride so far and all I can say is that I would do everything the same. I know that our marriage is not perfect but if you think yours is than you really need to go to God for that. It is the struggles that make us stronger as long as we seek God in the midst of them. I have learned more about myself and my husband in these last 10 years..
1. I am a strong Italian woman that tends to be more independent so much that it drives Nathan crazy
2. He honestly does not see the dishes in the sink
3. He is only good at grilling which is good because I am only good at cooking indoors...the kids love to point these two things out :)
4. I love being a back seat driver sometimes I do not know I am doing it...other times I am doing it on purpose
5. He has amazing eyes that I can get lost in but forgot about it for awhile because I didn't stop long enough to look in them.
6. He has an amazing heart that when he opens up I loose mine more and more
7. He is an amazing father...like one that I always prayed my kids would have and I am so proud of him for that
8. He is really really good at playing video games ;)
9. I realize more and more that God placed us in the same spot 14 years ago for a reason. We are part of his magnificent plan and I am forever grateful for that day...one that I may have to share one day

I could go on and on but right now we are going out to lunch :) I know one thing for sure I am looking forward to not just the next 10 years but the next 50 with my husband and best friend.

No comments: