Monday, February 27, 2012

One day at a time

This is something that I have been telling myself for about the last 2 months (probably longer but really living it now) and it has helped me become much calmer. God is revealing things daily on how i need to live and it is becoming easier to follow his will which most of the time means that the situation has not changed but my view has. I was told by a counselor a couple years ago that as long as I have one arm out and the other up my life will be complete, meaning that if I am always reaching for God and others than everything will be worked out for myself. I have to say that the last 2 months have proven that piece of advice more than any other advice I have ever received. This past Sundays sermon at church really convicted me..one part in particular which is that my body is the temple and what ever goes in needs to be worthy of that. It is a hard thing to think about because I have done some cleaning the last couple of of months but there is so much more that I know I need to be doing. The awesome thing is that I serve a God that loves me through it, he doesn't expect me to be perfect but as long as I am seeking him than he gives me the strength I need DAILY to get through my struggles! I was made aware twice the last two weeks how the things that Nathan and I have walked through have spoken to other people to better their lives and I totally (whether they do or not) believe that God is in all of that. Again I say I will tell more about the things we have been going through when I have the time to sit down and type it all out but not one second goes by that I do not regret the decisions I have made the last couple of weeks and not a second goes by that I am not giving God the GLORY for what he has done not only in me but my husband and our marriage.
On another note we have lots planned for the next couple of weeks..This weekend is a night at the Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth (all the thanks to Nana and Papa S. for giving a night there to everyone for Christmas) we get to go with Nikkie and her family and Joe and Erin (Jessica and Matt will be missed). The kids are so excited and so are we! Then Sunday on our way home we are stopping by Nana and Papa T.'s house for some pasta!! Then Tuesday next week is a huge thing that I am doing for myself that I have wanted to for so long...more on that next week :). Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: