Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Playdough

I am still so thankful for the time that I worked at Handprints CELC at our church because I have taken the things I have learned there as a teacher and used them with my own kids. Today after work (only had to go in for a half day) and came home to make homemade play dough! We had so much fun and it took all of 15 minutes to make 4 different batches.
Purple for Isabell

Blue for Sammy

Pink for Mariana

Green for Jordan


Here is the recipe if anyone wants to try to make it too!
1 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tarter
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 c. water
1 drop food coloring (or a whole bottle according to Jordan lol)
1/2 cup salt

Mix dry ingredients thoroughly. Add food coloring, oil and water into dry ingredients. Stir over medium heat for several minutes until mixture forms a ball. Let it cool then knead until smooth. Store in airtight container. Play-dough will keep for 4-6 weeks and lose its greasiness after the first or second use.

No comments: