Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year

I have to say that I am excited for this year! I am making a commitment this year that is really hard for me to talk about but here it is..............losing 50lbs! WOW I can not believe I just told everyone that. I am really excited though because I have been carrying this weight for too long. I am not in denial most of it is from my three kids but the other is from bad eating habits. For too long I ate out of convenience. Working and having three kids and keeping up a house was just too hard to cook healthy meals too. My first goal is 30 lbs by April 1st. Nathan and I are doing it together we are competing against a friend of his from work and his fiance. We are going to SMOKE them!! We are working out together and I am cooking healthy meals and watching how much I eat. I have been doing really good and I am so excited. The hard thing for me is sticking to it so I am just giving this to God I want to be healthy for my kids and grand kids. The next big thing is I am going to quit smoking. Some of you might either be surprised that I am smoking again or that I have ever even smoked but I am back to smoking a lot and I need to quit. My goal is in April I will start to quit smoking I can not do both at the same time because right now when I am stressed I either eat or smoke so to cut both out is too much. I am trying to be realistic and not mess my self up. So pray for me that I am able to stick to this and work towards my goal. My plan is once I am back in shape to start running again and participate in the Breast Cancer 5k run in August again. I love running and I am determined to meet these goals.
I hope that you all are having a great New year as well!

No comments: