Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year...New beginnings...New School

Yesterday was the girls first day at their new school. I left work to pick them up and take them to karate. Jordan had a very hard day :( she cried the whole way to karate. She said that her teacher kept asking her if she knew things and she didn't so she felt very embarrassed. She said that she played at recess by herself. I cried (although I tried not to) but I told her that sometimes kids her age are scared to ask someone new to play with them because what if she said no? I told her that we will just keep praying and in a couple days things will be better. Once we left karate she had her confidence back and was smiling and happy!
Mariana on the other hand met two friends and loves her class! She said that no one played with her right away at recess but once she ran around a little some little girls came up to her to play :)
There are a lot of things happening in our lives right now and although I am usually an open book right now I am learning to keep my mouth shut :) So I am leaning into God more than ever right now and it is amazing at the things he is doing through others. The girls needed school supplies and two family members helped out with that and we were able to get some food from our church which was a huge help. That night Mariana said her prayers and thanked God for her two aunties that gave us money for supplies and for our church so we could have some food. I love that my kids understand that it is God who is really providing things and I pray that through their eyes I am able to remain thankful and see Gods love too! Childlike faith is amazing!!
A friend of mine said that when her son was having trouble at recess she told him to talk to God as his friend so I passed that on to Jordan this morning and I am going to pray extra hard for her today.
This morning when I dropped them off Marianas new little friend passed me a note and it was an invitation for Mariana to go to Church with her!! I think that this little friend is perfect for Mariana because they are both good little witnesses :)
So this first week of the new year has been one of the toughest of my life it has also been one of the best. It is only because of God that I am able to have the peace and joy that I have right now. GOD IS SO GOOD!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your stories. <3
-Beth

sandy said...

God is making you stronger than I could ever have imagined. I love you

Anonymous said...

God bless you sweetheart, you and your family are in my prayers.