Friday, November 25, 2011

Turkey hangover

I actually did not eat too bad but I still have that Turkey hangover feeling, you know where you slept so good that when you wake up your eyes burn and your hair is all over the place. I feel really bad that Nathan had to leave for work this morning at 615am hopefully it is not too crazy at the dealership.
So I was reading all my past blogs and I stopped in July of 2009! I have had a ton of things happen since then...Had a baby, found a new job, got promoted at new job, lost a friend (not to death), gained some amazing friends, and now moved. I really have so much to be thankful for because each of those things (and much more) have taught me more about life and myself.
The new baby of course is about to be 2 years old and has taught me the most. I may be crazy and my life may be crazy but when she starts dancing or telling me how pretty she is I can not help but look around and see how truly blessed I am to have such a crazy life :)
The new job is working for an amazing Chiropractor! I started there and then was promoted just months later and I love it. I love the people I work with and the patients are awesome! I can see this being the place that I retire from but that would mean the Dr. would still work there in his 90s lol
The part of loosing a friend was the hardest thing I went through :( it was not to death which is good but still was very hard. I think as I get older I realize what it really means to have friends and who those friends should be. Who do I want speaking into my life and who brings out what is best in me? Those are really hard questions to answer when you really care about people. Some things happened and when they did I needed to look at those questions and answer them honestly. It may sound really harsh like"oh if you cross Mariana she will cut you out" not true at all but I think we were bringing each other down and it was not healthy. Just as much my fault as hers. But that doesn't mean there were not some great times that as friends we shared and I do miss that part.
The part about gaining new friends is really all God. The cool thing is that some of them I already had a relationship with but once God showed me what it meant to be a good friend and what a real friend looked like I was blessed way more. I have some great friends that point me right back to God. Some that are not afraid to tell me that I am wrong and I am not afraid to tell them when they are. I love how God has used them to bless me and I know that I have returned the favor. Plus I have been in a bible study on Thursday nights and it has really been a blessing!
The move...well that has been harder to handle and harder to see the bigger picture. We could no longer afford where we were living and had to move :( I miss my Susilane Peeps and the house was a great house with lots of memories. Saab was not treating Nathan too well and was no longer getting the hours and since he worked on full commission it was really hard to make it. We are blessed and thankful that his parents not only have the room in their house but in their heart as well to allow us to move in with them. A family of 6 moving in with them is bound to create even more craziness than we already had :) Nathan has a new job and it really is a blessing from God!
So the last two years in a nutshell....I knew I would be happy to find this blog again! Happy turkey hangover everyone!!

No comments: