Saturday, April 12, 2008

Searching

Mom stop if you do not want to read this further Blog about DEL!


My mom married after my Dad a man named Del (Aldelbert) for anyone who does not know he made my childhood horrible. He was an alcoholic and very verbally, mentally,emotionally and physically abusive. I have many memories that sometimes flood me at weird times. Like I was at my mother-in-laws house and saw tickets to the circus on her table and it reminded me of when I was like 7 maybe we were going to the circus and Del was drunk (or that is how I remember it he may have just been crazy) and I had to sit in the middle of him and my mom Nikkie and Jojo were in the back and he was driving really crazy and I remember being so scared and crying and shaking. I remember getting to the circus and still being so scared that I could not enjoy it. Or the time he thre my brother down the stairs because he dropped a sock on the steps and being so scared that I was afraid to take a breath. So time to time these emotions come back up. When I walked through Celebrate Recovery Del was one of the hardest to get through because he really did alot of damage to my spirit. After one year in CR I was able to forgive Del. God through that time showed me what it was like for Del maybe he was abused or talked down to as a child and knew no other way. He obvioulsy had a reason to escape thats why he drank right? Well the last couple of months have sparked in interest in me to find him to let him know I FORGIVE YOU! I have searched sometimes very late late at night on the internet for him or his five kids to only end up at dead ends. For some reason I just have these weird urgency to let him know. I do not want my mom upset because she may not be ready to take that all in and I know my brother and sister are no where near wanting to do this but I do. I do not want a relationship but just to let him know. Anyways that was a lot of info to give out to you all sorry!!

No comments: