Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Baby Nolan James

So it was a long three days waiting for this little guy but man was it amazing!! I went to the hospital around 9am yesterday morning to find Nikkie having contractions about 1 minute apart so they had to turn down the pitocin. At 9 45 they came in and broke her water and she was only dialated to a 1!! So I left becuase I had two sick guys at home. I took Sammy to the doctors picked the girls up from where they were got home at 4pm fed Sammy and left for the hospital again. I was told that she would not have the baby until at least 830 9 pm so I had time. HA! I walked into the labor and delivery room at 545pm and Nikkie was already pushing and I could see his head! It was the most amazing thing to be on that end (no pun intended LOL). We all cried. Matt did great he went right into support and daddy role! Nikkie did amazing really she only pushed for 55 minutes and afterwards she was glowing! I actually watched my nephew being born into this world and how could you not be amazed at how God does things in this world. He is perfect (a little cone head but beautiful)!! I am on cloud nine I am so happy to be a Zia that I really do not know how I got home from the hospital. I talked about him all night and called my sister first thing this morning. We are on our way there now so Mariana can meet Nolan and then we will go back when Jordan gets out of school so she can meet him.
I will always be thankful to Matt and Nikkie for at the last minute surprising me that I was able to be in there with them and it was so awesome. It is so cool to have this new level of mine and my sisters relationship! We have our moments where we drive eachother crazy but I would not trade my relationship with her for the world. I really feel blessed for the family that I have and I love that we are all a big crazy Italian family that is in eachothers business all the time. So many people this last week said things to me about how obessed I was about Nolan being born and I could chalk that up to a little bit of jealousy because I love that our family is the way it is. I love that not only was it Nikkie’s immediate family but all of our grandparents aunts and uncles and cousins that join in on this celebration of life!!
WHEW!!! Well I guess this birth has got me going

No comments: