Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I admit I am a book nerd

I love reading and when I say love I mean I love reading ALOT!! When I was younger I could easily read 250 books in a summer and that was while I was a cheerleader practicing 3 days a week and had a job!! When it was just Jordan I could read a novel in 2 days. When it was two I could read a novel in maybe four days! Now with three I have not had much time to read. I love all kinds of books but mostly fiction it used to be Danielle Steel or James Patterson then it was and kind of still is Jodi Picoult (thanks to my sister) then I was on a Amish kick and loved reading a christian writer Beverly Lewis and then the last four books I read were by Karen Kingsbury! I also love Stormie Omartian and her series of Power of the praying wife,mother and women and her biography! So I told you I love reading!!
So when it was time to make a New years resolution I wanted to make one that I could keep so I said that I want to get back to reading. For my birthday I got a gift card to Family Christian and today I spent it!! Nathan and I have been talking about doing a couples devotional together so I found this great Bible The Family Life Marriage Bible. It is packed with couple devotionals, romance tips,and a BIGGY parenting tips!! So we are going to start this weekend and try to keep it a daily thing to do together every night! Then I found a new Karen Kingsbury book for myself that I am soo excited to start. And finally I found Five Love Languages for Children!! This is a great book for adults and teens so I thought that since we have three completely different children this would help us. I am sooooo excited to start reading again that I am contemplating putting all three kids to bed really really early do you thing 6 pm is too early LOL!!!
Anyways so before you say three books at one time believe me I will be done with one by Monday. I have my way of finding time to myself which thank God my husband understands and is really cool about it! So If you are interested in any of these when I am done I will pass them along.

No comments: