Tuesday, June 5, 2012

100% Random

If you ever wonder what it would be like to live inside my head (because lets be honest you all are wondering what I am thinking about lol) here it is..

I learned something yesterday that sometimes the plan that you think is for you is really for someone else. Again,not sure if makes sense to you but it really hit me hard. 

Lately I feel like I am living the same day over and over again. I had some really weird dreams last night that made me even more tired than I was and I woke up so upset with myself for smoking again..and then I realized it was just a dream! 

I have hit some pretty cool milestones as a non-smoker. 1. I went on a long walk and did not get short of breath once !! 2. I made it through a life changing moment and didn't even want to pick up a smoke!! 3. I went to a concert and didn't even feel the need to smoke!! 4. I stood by people who were smoking and almost blowing it in my face and I HATED the way it smelled :)!!

I worry that this summer break is going to eat me up and spit me out...a ton going on and not enough time to do it all. 

Will I ever be that person that is ok with saying NO to things. I am better at it but I still feel like I am going to really hurt someones feelings if I say NO!

I am extremely excited for the next group I am signing up for at Awaken on Thursday nights...it is one I prayed for and asked for and God is going to really help a lot of people through it. If you don't already know about Awaken ask me (I know I talk about it enough on FB lol)

I am thankful for an amazing friend who got me a copy of the service this past Sunday on Suffering because I feel like I was changed once I heard it..God is pretty awesome when he does things like that.

God showed me today that sometimes I really to need to shut my mouth because it can get me in trouble and take away from what he may be showing someone (admit it we all do this and if you don't think you do then just ask a friend..a honest one though :) about his grace and mercy and love for their situation

I am really excited that Nathan and I have decided to put our marriage first and spend a little money once a month and go to 1 concert a month this summer (lawn seats a cheap but awesome). 1st concert was Anthem Lights and Newsboys 2nd concert was Third Day and Jars of Clay...3rd one is July 29th Micheal W. Smith and Jeremy Camp and the 4th one will be August 25th Steven Curtis Chapman and Toby Mac!! I am so excited it is the best going to a concert and having church!!! Anyone who wants to go with us send me a message. 

Nathan and I are going to a marriage conference this Friday and two things are exciting about this.. 1. We need it more now than ever to be focusing on our marriage 2. Kirk Cameron will be the speaker and Warren Barfield will be singing 3. The kids are soooo excited to have their favorite baby sitter come over (thanks Ju)!! Ok that was more than 2 but I know I could think of more because whats better than getting a boost of God for our marriage :)

I learned recently that there will always be people out there that think they are better and that a lot of times those people call themselves believers....I think that is ironic...I think that the bible states that we are sinners and no one is better than another person...I have learned a lot this past year that we can not judge anyone and just because I choose to listen to Christian Rock music or read a secular book God still loves me..The amazing thing is that God showed me a huge lesson and that was I can't judge that person for judging me. Confused? Me too! I know I have talked about this before but it is one I struggle with because I tend to be judged a lot (no pity just a statement) and I tend to get really heated about it.

I have really been thinking more and more about working with the youth but not sure how that fits into my life and if it is something that I have to put on the back burner right now.

 

 

I told you random and that isn't even half of it

 

No comments: