Wednesday, July 16, 2008

No Need for a Title

This Sunday we finally all made it to church and on time so that all of our kids could go to thier classes so we could enjoy the service. It was so nice. We have not been to church as a family since Easter and before that it was sometime in Jan. Our kids were sick for most of the winter and spring and then we had a hard time getting back into the routine again. Which makes me sad because since when is having fellowship with our church family hard to schedule in?? I love my church but more I love God and those he has used in our lives along the way which has become like family to us. God tells us how important it is to be gathered in fellowship with two or more no matter the building but we are to be worshiping him with fellow believers. I struggled at first in my walk with Christ because I did not feel like I fit in I felt like I had to have the right clothes or the right attitude or even had to clean up my act before I went to church! I then found Rockpointe which I knew I was right at home when I walked in and saw everyone mostly in jeans and the occasional youth with spikey hair, and mismatch clothes and chains and then I walked into the sanctuary and saw the pastor who everyone just called by his FIRST NAME (what!!) and he too was wearing jeans and a very casual shirt! I was greeted by so many people but not in a we are going to bombard you with questions and then tell you that you can not come here becuase of things that you are doing. Since then I have made wonderful friends with men and women some are the closest relationships I have had in my life and I don't mean with just one or two I mean I am very close with twenty to thirty! You may think that is an exaggeration but it is not I have shared many ups and downs in our life. These are people that when I was struggling with some past demons they did not hesitate to wrap their arms around me and pray. Or in the night when I was having a miscarriage praying with me. Or when Nathan came out with his addiction the first time with pain meds they helped him break the news to me and prayed with us and called us every night and offered free counsling. Or when I found out I was pregnant missing church and rushing over to our house that was a half hour away and lifting my spirits. All that to say why then was I feeling like I would not fit in again after being gone from church for so long? I was so wrong! We walked in and right away were greeted with those all familiar smiles and pulled aside to see how we were (not in a how come you have not been here way) Sammy went right into the nursery for the first time and was fine the whole time. Mariana had so much fun in her little class playing with her friends like no time had passed and Jordan talked all day about what she learned with the big kids church! I am tearing up just typing this because it felt so good to be back like there was a void and it has been filled. I even got to sit with my best friend who I talk to everyday but hardly see due to family busyness. Nathan said that when he came into the sanctuary he saw us and could tell how excited we were to see eachother and talking! I am so glad that we made it this Sunday becuase my week has gone by so good yes things have happened like my sitter canceling out for the rest of the summer or a really bad migrane but my spirits have been different! Praise God for getting us there and opening our hearts to listen to the message that Randy gave. And thank you to everyone who always keeps us in their prayers!!

No comments: