Saturday, December 22, 2007

Movie

The movie is Diary of a Mad Black Woman. I love it so much that I have seen it at least 5 times. Everytime I see this movie I get something different out of it. There are some really tough scenes that are really hard to get through but I never regret it at the end of the movie. This movie has over and over again reminded me of what God means when he says to forgive no matter what! You ask what does this movie have to do with that? Watch it I promise you, you will be changed. There is a character in the movie that says if you run into someone who has hurt you (that you thought you have forgiven )and you want to get even you have not forgiven them but if you are able to feel nothing you have forgiven them. I used to be the person that wanted to get even. It could be by my actions or by my words like gossipying about you so I looked better! This is something that over the last couple of years God has shown me how to forgive. In my own life I have had to forgive someone over and over again and over and over again (no need to mention names) This was so painful for me becuase I just wanted to get even with them. I have had to walk through this and honestly it has only been God and some select Godly women that have helped me along the way. I am no longer the mad black woman like in the movie but I know that the only way that I can expect God to forgive me is to forgive others. God does not tell me everytime I go to him about that same sin no I will not forgive you he just does and forgets so who am I to say that anyone esle is different??? I can not believe that everytime I watch this movie that it reminds me of the pain that I walked through and the last half hour of the movie takes place in the church and the choir sings this beautiful song that brings me to tears everytime and reminds me why I went through what I did and how awesome God is that he brought me through it WHOLE!!!!

No comments: